Sept 1, 2015
CLFP adds members
The Certified Lease & Finance Professional (CLFP) Foundation recently held its third Academy for Lease & Finance Professionals (ALFP). The event was hosted by First American Equipment Finance and all of the individuals who sat for the exam at the conclusion of the event passed the eight-hour exam. They are:
- Bill Banfield, CLFP – Senior Vice-President
- Jake Cutler, CLFP – Senior Account Manager - Healthcare Vendor Channel, Diversified Capital Credit Corporation
- Joe Leonard, CLFP – Managing Member, Oakmont Capital Services LLC
- Jonathan Sandgarten, CLFP – Director of Financial Services, ComSource, Inc.
- Ken Senter, CLFP – Vice-President, First American Equipment Finance
When asked why he pursued the designation, Mr. Banfield stated, “There are numerous skillsets required to manage a lease throughout its lifecycle. Although I was proficient in certain leasing/finance disciplines I was equally as weak in others. The CLFP required an understanding and proficiency of all skillsets associated with the leasing lifecycle. The self-studying, classroom education, and testing required to earn the CLFP designation has significantly broadened my working knowledge of the industry that will, in turn, help me to better service the needs of my clients.”
Shortly after the ALFP, one additional individual passed the exam:
- Evelyn Allcorn, CLFP – Credit Officer, Financial Pacific Leasing
The CLFP designation identifies an individual as a knowledgeable professional to employers, clients, customers, and peers in the equipment finance industry. There are currently 277 Certified Lease & Finance Professionals and Associates throughout the world. For more information, call Executive Director Reid Raykovich, CLFP at (206) 535-6281 or visit www.CLFPfoundation.org.